La Centrale Galerie Powerhouse4296, boulevard Saint-Laurent montreal H2W 1Z3 CA
In 1973 three women placed an ad on a billboard at a women-artist centred shop/gathering place called The Flaming Apron. This was a call out to women artists who were interested in meeting and discussing the difficulty of finding exhibition space for their work. This is how Powerhouse was born. During the first eight months, the gallery operated thanks to the hard work of supporters, members, and exhibiting artists. The gallery was two exhibition rooms on the 2nd floor of a four-room apartment at 1210 Greene Avenue.